Business Search

Kent County Council

Energy Efficiency, Grant Funding
Maidstone
03000 411808
Kent County Council
1st Floor, Invicta House, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1XX

View Map

Improve your business with Locase. Grantss up to £10,000 to improve your business energy efficiency or to develop your green products and services

Funding for businesses
With COP26 over, the environment bill passed and Government’s legally-binding net zero commitments made, time is running out to curb climate change, so having a green business focus has never been higher up the agenda.
Increasingly consumers and investors are expecting businesses to show their green credentials, with new regulations – such as the 2030 ban on new petrol and diesel cars, on natural gas boiler installations from 2025 and tighter packaging regulations – coming in to enforce it.  
The Low Carbon Across the South and East or (LoCASE) programme is designed to help businesses across Hampshire, Solent, Greater Essex, Surrey, Sussex, and the Kent area make the transition to a low carbon economy. The programme helps all eligible small and medium enterprises (SMEs) improve their resource efficiency through funding and helps green business grow their products and services with funding and support.
For environmental sector businesses If you help your customers reduce their impact on the environment or you serve an environmentally focused industry, then you can apply for a LoCASE Business Growth and Innovation Grant of up to £10,000.
These grants can be used for a range of business development projects, including equipment and machinery, product development, marketing, IT, consultancy, certification and accreditation or resource efficiency.
Businesses that have taken advantage of a LoCASE Business Growth and Innovation Grant include those supplying or manufacturing renewable energy, energy storage and energy efficiency products, green architects, landscapers and builders, recycling and re-use businesses, environmental advisors and consultants, and many more in this growing sector.
For other types of businesses
If you’re in an industry that isn’t typically considered a ‘green’ industry, don’t fear. You can still apply for a LoCASE Energy or Resource Efficiency and possibly be eligible for maximum grant between £5,000-£10,000. Grant requests over £5,000 will need to deliver more significant impacts than lower value projects. These grants are designed for projects that help you reduce your carbon footprint and operating costs. They can cover items such as LED lighting, insulation, heating or machinery upgrades, second hand EVs or renewable energy systems. Similarly, projects reducing waste materials or water can also be covered.
Both types of grant cover 40% of the project’s expenditure. For example, if your energy efficiency project totals £10,000, the grant will cover £4,000 of your costs – so you end up only paying £6,000 once funds are claimed back. The other 60% is privately matched by the SME.
Get involved
LoCASE is delivered across the Local Enterprise Partnership Areas of EM3, C2C, SOLENT and SELEP. It also runs Steps To Environmental Management workshops, a series of fully funded accreditations designed to benchmark and set sustainability targets for your SME supply chains.
To find out more, visit the website at www.LoCASE.co.uk
LoCASE is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020.


Back to listings